Expose youngsters to the grassroots and encourage them to raise to higher consciousness and self awareness levels.
BUT WHAT ACTUALLY IS CONSCIOUSNESS ?
At the very basic level of comprehension Consciousness is the sense of “being” . A beacon that makes us aware & realise the futility of possession, ambition , attraction, attachment, achievement & personal success. It tends to disconnect us from the sensory dynamics of relationships with everything (people & objects) & connects us with the true core of everything , so much so that only one core remains. Consciousness burns like a flickering flame within all of us which though flickers but never extinguishes. Its warmth & luminosity defines our experiences and understanding of the world and vice versa the social architecture of the society and its institutions defines the warmth & luminosity of the consciousness. Passing through the matrix of time, propensity of focussed desire less actions & experiences of the external world our learning builds & acts as fuel for the flame. The more refined it is brighter and steadier the flame becomes.
OUR IDEA OF INDIA
- Over large expanses of time India has been dotted & filled all across, with the moral virtuosity of scores of known & unknown men & women who have steered & maintained its civilizational balance. The core essence of their selflessness & the piety of their virtuosities over thousands of years is the edifice upon which India has been standing. When a common Indian, at some stage of his life, realises that he/she is bestowed with such grand dharmic virtuosity which has an impetus of about 10 thousand years, he/she starts collecting himself/herself to become one with this great confluence & flow of Dharma.
- In India, there are no last words, no last scriptures or last prophets. Truth remains elusive to those who try to deal with it at the cognitive level alone. Its a journey & research beyond the mind, where all labels, flags & their bearers gradually diminish & eventually cease to exist. Hence, India stands for truth & truth alone, not for a person, prophet or book. Indians/Hindus are the ones who see value in this unbiased, unlabelled quest for truth & protect & maintain the social apparatus that facilitates its realisation. This social apparatus is Bharat/India.WHAT IS DHARMA & WHY IS IT CENTRAL TO INDIA & INDIANESS ?
- Creating an environment or circumstances that are conducive for the forces of nature to benefit & sustain the individual & society is a human being’s Dharma. To ensure Dharma to manifest in its full capacity and magnitude is a human being’s Dharma. Dharma is a complexly woven perpetual flow of cosmic intelligence that permeates through all living & non living beings & facilitates the interaction between two or multiple objects giving rise to a spectrum of characteristics of a specific consequence & utility.
Just think of your iPhone, Blackberry or PC or Mac, each part of theirs has specific characteristics. The interaction & synchronisation of these characteristics results in the utility these machines/gadgets have. It is this cosmic intelligence which is constantly in a state of flux, provides different objects with certain unique properties/characteristics that give meaning to their existence. Further, a meaningful synchronisation of these objects gives birth to yet another object. Eg : many parts put together produce a computer.
Most of such & other synchronisations , historically have majorly been brought about by human beings. Hence, the major role of human beings as an object is to create different combinations of other objects to fruitfully arrange the flow of cosmic intelligence amongst them with the intention of sustained benefit of the widest parts of humanity & other life forms for the longest periods of time. For example the Dharma of water is to sustain life. However, water, (as in) a river does not have the cosmic intelligence to start flowing towards drought affected areas on its own. However, it is very much in a human beings capacity & hence it is his dharma , to ensure that water reaches where there is much want of it.
- Dharma is the flow & interaction of cosmic intelligence within and amongst different objects. Arranging this flow to benefit all forms of life is human/Manav dharma. Working relentlessly on objects & witnessing oneself also, as an object, the distinction between the “self” & the “other objects” diminishes and a stage comes when it becomes zero. This stage is said to be the stage of liberation. Liberation from distinction. Where the observer & the observed become one.
To sustain this profound concept & understanding it was necessary to embed it into a simple social system which today is identified as Hindutva/Indianess. It is India’s natural operating system. India’s neighbours (Pak & Bang) discarded this operating system despite a common history, heritage & ancestry.Today they are seen racing towards hell. Hindutva sustains dharma & dharma sustains Hindutva. Thats why Yudhsithrira remarked “ Dharmo rakshati rakshitaha” i.e. Dharma protects those who protect dharma & conversely those who destroy dharma, dharma destroys them. The reason why India has survived even through the darkest passages of time & so many other civilisations have perished & live in museums only. Dharma is the most powerful phenomenon in the universe, revealed to only those devoid of dreams of personal ambition, glory & greed. Be it, self or science, a sincere seeker of truth understands the complexities of dharma.
- If you are an Indian, think of the sanskrit word for “Law”. Kanoon is not Sanskrit. We do not have an exact word for Law. English to Hindi dictionaries suggest “Vidhi” which again has different meanings. One of the meanings of “vidhi” that I found was’ “the physical practise of which generates righteousness (dharma)”. Our understanding of the complexities & governing dynamics of dharma has kept India a breathing & living civilisation. Beliefs & laws written in stone did serve civilisations a lot of good. Kept them focussed in whatever they believed in, maintained a socio-economic framework for them but at the same time the rigidity that reinforced these frameworks disabled them from the learning that was knocking at their doors. Their idea of what was “right” distanced them from righteousness itself.
- Power can be trapped temporarily by over running the boundaries of geographies, wealth & eventually cultural propensities but can never be won or gained permanently , as the Dharmic phenomenon is always in play & creates people & networks bound by truth. Dharma destroys those who destroy dharma. Dharma is the infinite stamina of the righteous, which gives them the strength to keep braving injustice & darkness until they are destroyed. India stands for righteousness & truth & the Dharma that sustains them. This is what Indians/Hindus have been guarding with their life since time immemorial.